Fan Art Contest Rules
PIGGY SKIN CONTEST (“Contest”)
By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”) and by the interpretation of these Rules by MiniToon Inc. and its applicable partners (“Sponsor”). In order to enter the Contest, you must follow all of the official Rules and your submission (“Submission”) must meet the eligibility criteria herein delineated.
This Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), the United States, and the European Union, who are the age majority in their jurisdiction of residence, except employees, representatives, and agents (including any persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of Sponsor. Any Entrant who is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have consent of a parent or guardian.
Sponsor will have the right to request from any individual who has submitted an entry (each an “Entrant”) to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate. Failure to provide proof within a reasonable time or the provision of false or misleading information could result in the Entrant’s disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrants who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, do not comply with these Rules or who otherwise tamper with the entry process. Eligible individuals may submit multiple Submission entries.
Eligibility terms void where prohibited.
- Submissions and Winners
All Submissions must comply with the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be wholly original;
- Have been created by the Entrant;
- Be submitted using the official form on the PIGGY website during the defined submission period, prior to the stated deadline (“Deadline”);
- Comply with file size and format requirements;
- Consist of a traditional drawing or digital drawing (no screenshots, image edits, etc.);
- NOT have been previously submitted to any other design contents;
- NOT contain any nudity or other offensive content;
- NOT contain any copyrighted or trademarked materials of any intellectual property, franchise, or series other than PIGGY.
There will be two (2) Entrants deemed winners of the Contest (“Winners”). While votes will be heavily considered to determine Winners, Sponsor will ultimately decide in its sole discretion, Contest Winners and whether or not to adapt any Submission, or create any Submission as digital or physical merchandise (“Merchandise”). If Sponsor decides to use Submission for Merchandise, Sponsor will have full and final say over all matters related to its form and use. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and use Submissions in any way.
All Submissions must include the Entrant’s full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address for the purpose of contacting potential Contest Winners.
The prize awarded to the two Winners will be the following: (1) inclusion/integration of Winner’s entry into the game as a digital item/skin, and (2) two-hundred fifty USD ($250) credit redeemable on the Official PIGGY store, available at:
For the sake of clarity, Contest Winners and all Contest Entants agree to accept the prize offered as full-consideration for the rights granted to Sponsor herein.
- General Release and Indemnification
By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees that he/she:
- Has complied with and will continue to comply with Contest Rules;
- Will keep his/her winning notification confidential until Sponsor makes an official announcement;
- Will release Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors and any other parties to be added to the Release in Sponsor’s sole discretion (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, use, misuse or awarding of any Prize as applicable;
- Indemnify the Released Parties from any and all losses that Sponsor may incur arising out of any act or omission by you in connection with the Contest or any applicable Prize; and, except where prohibited by law, acknowledge Sponsor’s and its authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast your name and/or statements without further compensation.
- Intellectual Property Release
In entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each Entrant hereby:
- Grants to the Sponsor a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, and sub-licensable, assignable, license to use, copy, display, adapt, modify, and create derivative works from your Submission, for any purpose;
- Waives all moral rights in and to his or her Submission in favor of Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the Submission); and
- Agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit, or remove, any Submission, or to request Entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission for any reason.
Additionally, Entrant agrees to assist and to fully cooperate with Sponsor, and will, at Sponsor’s expense, sign further documents and do such acts, deeds, assurances and other things as necessary and as reasonably requested by Sponsor, to carry out and give full effect to the terms, conditions, intent and meaning of this Agreement, including without limitation confirming and recording (a) Sponsor’s ownership or rights in a Submission and (b) the waiver of Entrant’s moral rights therein.
Entrant hereby agrees that, if requested by Sponsor, Entrant will transfer all right, title, and interest in Submission to Sponsor, and that Submission will thereby become the fully owned intellectual property of Sponsor. All intellectual property rights Entrant might have previously had in Submission, anywhere in the world, including any trademark or copyright, will thereby become the intellectual property of Sponsor.
- Representations and Warranties
Each Entrant warrants and represents that his or her Submission:
- Is original to him or her and that the Entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Submission submitted for the Contest;
- Does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Does not contain any reference to an identifiable individuals;
- Will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- Is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, or involve, without limitation:
- Nudity, explicit or graphic sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar, or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses and illegal or inappropriate behavior or conduct;
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of sponsor;
- Any identifiable third-party products and/or trademarks or brands;
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Note, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an Entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission, in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules or for any other reason.
- General Terms
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and municipal laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters relating to this Contest. These Rules shall be governed and interpreted by the laws in effect in the State of Ohio, United States of America.
If for any reason the online portion of this Contest is not capable of being completed as planned because of, but not limited to, computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest.
Sponsor may revise these Rules at any time.